Home owners can perform regular maintenance tasks such as replacing the air filters, keeping the system free from dirt and debris, and using the system in accordance to the manufacturer’s instruction manual. However, seasonal maintenance check-ups should be performed by qualified HVAC professionals. Wu dong qian kun
Seasonal Maintenance Checklist
- Thermostat – the thermostat settings need to be checked and reset if required.
- Lubrication – lubricate all the moving parts to reduce friction.
- Condensate drain – clean and unblock the condensate drain.
- Electrical connections – check and tighten all the electrical connections.
- Coils – clean the evaporator and condenser coils.
- Refrigerant levels – check the refrigerant level and top-up if required.
- Air filters – check, clean, or replace the air filters.
- Ducts – remove any dust or debris from the ducts and seal leaks.
The Benefits of Seasonal Maintenance Check-ups
- Air quality – regular maintenance of the HVAC system will ensure good quality air inside your home.
- Costs saving – a properly maintained HVAC system requires less energy, and is also less likely to break down.
- Comfort levels – a properly maintained HVAC system can maintain the ideal comfort levels inside your home.
Seasonal maintenance check-ups can save home owners money and provide them with peace of mind. Furthermore, properly maintained HVAC systems perform at optimal levels, thereby improving the comfort levels within a home. Remember to use a qualified HVAC contractor to perform the seasonal maintenance check-ups on your HVAC system